Ad Code

Gossip Uncle

 GOSSIP UNCLE

//Dinesh Jaihind




                 Gossip uncle's elder brother's three children were coming from town to village during their summer school holidays.

 

 Here too the middle brother had two children!  also had many children!  Then what...?  When the urban children got the company of the children of the village, their childhood also woke up and played with the rural children in the fields and barns and roamed around with the gangs of waste children.

 

 Now after taking breakfast in the morning, only this work was left for the children, and even after taking lunch, the same work remained.

 But the only difference between these two things was that after breakfast, he used to play around the house, but after the meal, he used to go out into the gardens somewhere far away and used to come home till evening after playing all his life.

 

 Urban children who used to cling to books day and night as soon as they came here lost their connection with books and forgot the burden of studies on their backs!

 

 Now all the children of the house playing throughout the day and sticking to gossip uncle in the evening, then sticking to them till late night became their routine.


Gossip uncle also used to join children and become children!  And he used to tell the children something or the other. This was the reason that he was very famous among children.


 Like today after dinner

 All the children of the house on the roof to sleep.

 They gathered and waited for uncle to hear something new!  After eating, Gossip uncle reached his bed in no time.

 

 All the children started shouting - "Come, come! Gossip uncle has come!"

 Now the children started insisting to tell something to Gossip uncle!

 

 As Gossip uncle was ready, he started reciting - "Once I was on my way to a nearby village for some work! While coming, the sun went down, darkness fell all around! The moon didn't even come out to give some light."  For! Maybe it was a dark night! Couldn't even know the way! 

 I was going to take my steps looking down with wide eyes when I saw a fierce lion on the road in front of you! Now you all will ask me in the dark. Hear how the lion appeared! 

 

There was light coming from behind me like the light of a torch! I saw that lion in the same light and I shivered on seeing it! Then a voice came from behind -

 ''do not fear !  keep rising !'' 

 I hear the voice.

 'Startled and looked back, I was shocked to see what I saw!'


 As the children got scared after hearing the story of uncle everyone said - ''Then what happened uncle?''


 Gossip uncle further started saying - "Children! The thing that was showing the torch was a ghost! Now what, the lion behind the ghost, I had gone now robbed! My intelligence could not understand anything, only then 'Host' said, "wait! The lion will kill you and eat you! I am entering your body! When I enter your body then your work is over, then I will do all the work to escape from the lion!"

  Thrown and till the dreaded lion pounced on me that the 'ghost' got inside me!


 And then what...., the lion pounced then I ran back!  When I got tired of running, I climbed a big tree.  There was a little slack, it was just sluggish that.

 Saw the lion climbed the tree, I panicked, pulled back, then the lion jumped!  I then kept falling down, but the lion was also a Babbar lion, did not believe!  Then I grabbed a branch and jumped down, as soon as I jumped down, the lion also jumped on me!

 

 I ran…. I ran ahead, I kept running….. kept running….. A small, but deep rivulet came running while running.  I didn't see it, I quickly jumped high!  Now I am on this side, the lion on the other side!  My life came to life!

 

 Then the 'ghost' inside me said -

 "I'm coming out now!"  he came out !  But I was just scared of him!  But he said, - "Don't be afraid of me, I do no harm to anyone, I do good to the passers-by as far as I can!"

 Saying this he waved one of his hands in the air, I saw, he had a torch in his hand !

He gave me that torch and said that with the help of this torch you will reach your home comfortably!


 ..............now go !  He went missing again!  By late night I reached my house!

 

Some children were already asleep while listening to the story of Gossip uncle.

#####

=====

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu